Volunteer Firefighter Program
The Tuttle Fire Department has an extensive Volunteer Program. Volunteers live in and near the Tuttle area, working and living normal daily lives, but also serving when needed.
The requirements for continuing membership volunteer firefighter are as follows:
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license.
- Must not have any driver's license offenses which include driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving while intoxicated, careless and imprudent driving, or similar convictions or have been found guilty of any Felony crime within the last seven years and pass a background check in compliance with City of Tuttle administrative policy.
- Must comply with all rules and Standard Operating Procedures of the Tuttle Fire Department and the City’s personnel regulations.
The requirements for applying to be a new volunteer firefighter are as follows:
- Complete a general application for employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Pass a background check and driver's license record check as defined above
- Pass a physical agility test.
- Conduct an oral interview with the fire department staff.
- Worker’s Compensation insurance
- Oklahoma Volunteer Firefighters Retirement
- Per call reimbursement of $12.50
- Opportunities to promote